Thoughts of someone lost (and stories of someone finding her way home?)

Tortures of the damned

This Photograph Is Proof

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 by Emma

My grandmom could only be described as one of the most wonderful women I've ever met. Her laugh, her stories, the fact that she says things like "I'm too old for dating!" and everything that surrounds her just makes her perfect. She is my best friend and I can share anything with her. I admire her strenght and that she managed to raise two kids alone during the 40's while working full time. I love her sense of adapting to what's new and not being stuck in the 60's or 70's like many old people. Many of the old photos I display here are from her collection and her giving them to me is probably one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. To look through them is to be back there, with her. I am very grateful they took so many photos back then, it allows me to tell my stories, and hers, better.



Grandmom with her friends in ~1935. She's wearing a black top and white shorts.

Filed under having  

0 comments: