Thoughts of someone lost (and stories of someone finding her way home?)

Tortures of the damned

A fairytale with no happy ending

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 by Emma

My friend recently wrote that she wanted her life to be a fairytale and it reminded me of my own life and how my mother used to call me her little princess. As I grew older, she didn't say it as much and now it's been years since she last said it. Nowadays she says I've disappointed her and I guess in a way I have. Maybe, if I had been better, I would still be that princess girl in the pink dress with her hair up. I could understand her if I was still the rebellious teen who ran away from home but I'm not anymore. Now I'm just not what she wanted me to be. She denies me my dreams and shoots down my ideas like they were bad and evil when they're really just what I think is best. I don't think my opinion really matters anymore and I've grown accustomed to the fact that she won't ever accept me for who I am. Did I turn out wrong? Does she want me to change who I am to fit in to her shape of the perfect daughter? Should I?

Somewhere inside I wish I was still a princess.

Filed under having  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ARE a princess.