Thoughts of someone lost (and stories of someone finding her way home?)

Tortures of the damned

Red candles

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 by Emma

My sleep isn't sleep, it's exhaustion. When I sleep, it's not resting, it's running away. I wake up more exhausted then when I went to bed. I move in my sleep, up and down and backwards and forwards, trying to find the place where I'm not alone, where there's someone next to me, holding me, whispering that everything will be okay. My bed is big, and I investigated every inch of it, and I still haven't managed to find that place.

I haven't slept for 14 years.

Filed under having  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emma,

I wish you could sleep well, feel happy, safe and secure in yourself. I wish you didn't feel so alone...I wish I could be there to hold you till you fall asleep naturally, cradling you and watch as you drift off so peacefully and so beautifully.

One day the pain your feeling will be gone, everything will be alright and somebody will be by your side.

I love you :)

Anonymous said...

I'm too late, someone else is in the bed.

Anonymous said...

I say, I say, what's all this silliness going on in here?

Anonymous said...

no kidding. it IS silly