Thoughts of someone lost (and stories of someone finding her way home?)

Tortures of the damned

Princess/Angel

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 by Emma

She said she was born an angel, but quickly added "Angels never survive very long down here." I wondered what she meant but she shook her head and said I'd never understand. I asked what happened, why she's not an angel anymore, and she began to explain.

"My wings were beautiful, white and big, and I could fly. I used to fly over all the big cities, looking down at the people. I took pity on them, feeling sorry that they couldn't experience the world I could."

I waited for her to continue but she seemed to be drifting away, reminiscing back to the time where she still had her wings. I was unsure whether or not to interrupt her, but I guess she read my mind because she started talking again.

"They said I was the most beautiful angel to ever decide to live on earth."
"They?"
"You don't know them and I can't really say."
"So you had a choice?"
"Of course. I could stay in heaven like most angels do, but I was curious. And look at the price I had to pay."

Silence, for a couple of seconds.

"He ripped my wings off. Just like that, they were gone, and I've been waiting for 13 years for them to grow back. They never will. I'll never be the angel I was and I still mourn myself every day."

Filed under having  

1 comments:

Idiot Proof said...

How The Angel Lost Her Wings

What's a plucked feather
but a momentary sting?
A feather isn't flight
and words need a quill.

What's a plucked moment
but a feather-covered sting?
Stiletto heeled in flesh
beguiles flight from need.